Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these really python3 Gimp plug-ins?
(11-20-2023, 10:45 PM)Tas_mania Wrote: Thanks very much ofnuts you solved my problem Smile  I found the right files here. Ubuntu, who make the Gimp snap are at v2.10.34 while Gimp, who make the flatpack are at v2.10.36.
It has been good understanding what's happening in Gimp and Ubuntu. The snap file loads faster but a few seconds is not important. Gimp have retained python2 which is what the users want. I will upload my snap with python2 on Github because that's where I have an account.

I discovered this command to make all the python files in a directory tree executable.

Code:
find . -name "*.py" -exec chmod +x {} \;                             (changes all py files)
find . -name "*.pyc" -exec chmod -x {} \;
find . -name "*.pyo" -exec chmod -x {} \;

It also changes the support files so I have to change them back Smile

Normally you don't need to make .pyo and .pyc files executable. They are pre-compiled version of like-named .py modules loaded by "main" .py files so aren't invoked as commands by the OS. One coukd even say that you probably don't need to make all .py executables either.

This said you shell code can be improved:

Call chmod once for with the found files (instead of once per file):
Code:
find . -name "*.py" -exec chmod +x {} +   # "+" instead of ";"

Use the bash globstar option:
Code:
shopt -s globstar # likely already set as default in your bash profile
chmod +x **/*.py  # With globstar "**/" matches all directories at all levels under parent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are these really python3 Gimp plug-ins? - by Ofnuts - 11-21-2023, 09:07 PM