Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find an installed plugin?
(12-12-2023, 04:39 PM)david Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 04:54 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 03:54 PM)david Wrote: Krikor,

I have made a new (experimental) version of this program.
The maximum value of the slider is set to the size of the image.
When the program is run without a pre-existing selection is selects the compete image so "0" (zero) on the slider becomes maximum so that the selection can only be reduced.
The minimum of the slider I have tried to make so that it reduces the selection to only a few pixels.

If you wish to try it, your comments and criticisms would be very welcome.

david.

Hi David,

Below are some observations. Sorry if they are not well organized or clear.

1- There is no way to cancel the plugin execution:

If I close the plugin window without clicking OK (by clicking the X in the window):
-- A layer called "preview" with opacity of 70% is created.
-- A channel called Selection Mask copy is created.
-- The selection remains active with the values that were in the plugin before it was closed, and not with the values initially defined before the plugin was called.

Due to the above, I need to close the preview layer, close the Selection Mask channel, close the active selection, and I will still have to redo the selection again.

This makes it easier to just give OK anyway, since only the selection will have to be closed. (the preview layer nor the Selection Mask copy channel is created)

2- When the selection is being made on a background (a part of the image) with a color close to that used in the preview layer (for example, lips), the 70% opacity value ends up being a little high.

-- Fortunately, it is possible to adjust the opacity value while the plugin is still open.

-- However, if I notice, after making adjustments to the plugin (for example Grow = 4, Feather = 1) and reducing the opacity of the "preview" window to something around 30%; When I need to change these adjustment values, the opacity returns to the initial 70%, making it difficult to see the desired changes again.

Ideally, we would be able to adjust the opacity of the "preview" layer while adjusting the plugin values.

3-- I found it easier to move the sliders via the keyboard (<, >), which increments and decrements by one unit with each press.

4-- When there is no selection, the slider only allows the Skrink option (reduction), this is ok, but on the other hand it does not allow any change in the Feather Radius value.

-- Ideally, perhaps, in addition to being able to reduce the selection, it would allow the application of a Feather Radius if desired.

I only did a few tests with this plugin, and regardless of my considerations made above, I believe I will use it constantly as now I can have a better idea of which values to choose for the Grow/Shrink/Feather operations, which before it was guesswork and repetition.

David, thank you for taking the time to improve the usability of this plugin!
@ Krikor,

Thanks for your comments - I always find them helpful.

This is a plug-in by TinT. I have only made small alterations to try and set the limits for the sliders. Unfortunately the program has become unstable and I am unable to make other changes at present. (This may be the reason why you had problems installing the original program.)

When I have a stable program to work on, I shall examine your comments again.

david.

@Krikor,

I have made a few changes to my previous version.

Ignore my comments about instability. The problem was a mistake in my code which TinT spotted!

The opacity of the mask is reduced to 50%.
It is now possible to change the feather setting when all the image is selected.

I have asked TinT to comment on my latest version, so I am certain he will make improvements to it!

Your comments are always welcome.

david.

Attached Files
.zip   grow-shrink-live_dm.zip (Size: 2.9 KB / Downloads: 43)

Messages In This Thread
Where to find an installed plugin? - by Krikor - 12-09-2023, 04:05 PM
RE: Where to find an installed plugin? - by david - 12-10-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: Where to find an installed plugin? - by david - 12-12-2023, 04:39 PM
RE: Where to find an installed plugin? - by david - 12-15-2023, 05:19 PM