Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner - Applying geometry transforms
(01-08-2018, 11:22 PM)my nellie Wrote: I would like to use GIMP for making virtuals of trees' images changing the potting angle, branch placement, the pot etc
If I have one branch which at some point makes a curve at a right angle and I would like to change the right angle to an acute angle what should I do?
I understand I have to make a selection at first. A selection of the part which has to be transformed. Correct?
Then do I have to use some of the transform tools?
Does this thread answer my questions? https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-s...ight=angle

Yes, you have to make a selection... But if you want to make something that looks even remotely plausible, that selection should be the branch and the leaves, and nothing else (in particular, none of the sky behind, and nothing of any other branch for instance. So it can be difficult and depends a lot on the kind of tree.

Once you have a selection it's easy to rotate and you can set the axis of rotation.

Then you have to think about what you put where the branch was, which is another can of worms...

Best attach one of the pictures you have in mind if you want more precise advice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginner - Applying geometry transforms - by Ofnuts - 01-09-2018, 12:11 AM