Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner - Applying geometry transforms
So what you want to do is get a visualisation of what a future bonsai might look like, right ?

I guess you can make crude mock-ups of photo-edited mini-trees.
As ofnuts alread pointed out, there is a lot of detail and texture everywhere. The plants are photographed on a busy background, etc.

Its seems the Clone Tool will have to be used a lot and maybe a bit of Resynthesizer 'Heal Selection'.
Still, i think its tough and will require a lot of learning.

People tend to overestimate the capabilites of photochopping and think the program is doing it all for them.
Yes, there are master retouchers out there that can work their magic on images, but it takes skill, experience and good programs.

I dont want to turn you off, but dont expect wonders.

EDIT:
so for example, here we have a good image because it has a background with not too much detail. I can remove the branch with the Clone Tool and it will look okay as long as i dont search too hard for flaws.

Positioning that very same branch somewhere else inside the branches is a completely different ballgame, because you have to isolate all the leafs and blossom.
Its especially difficult when you have a background that is not ideal or the lighting is extreme.

Here i have isolated a branch, put it somewhere else and made the trunk longer with G'MIC - Seamcarve.
You can clearly see that its edited, but maybe its still good enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginner - Applying geometry transforms - by Espermaschine - 01-09-2018, 09:19 AM