Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner - Applying geometry transforms
Yes, it all starts with a good image.

Good lighting and angle on a single colour background.
Possibly even contrasting.
Ever heard of green screen ? Thats what the guys in the film industry use to make computer enhanced effects in movies (lots of examples on youtube).
When your trees are against a background with a clear and different colour, it will be easier to select the background with a selection method.

Once you got your subject removed from the background it all gets a bit easier and the editing can begin.

I cant comment much on the Cage Transform as i have barely ever used it and i think i heard its buggy. rich2005 probably knows more about this.

There are a lot of techniques you can use, iWarp could be useful for your purposes, to manipulate the overall shape of a tree (here is a video for PS, that uses a similar tool on hair, so you get the idea), but in its current form its limited because the interface is quite small.
Luckily for you, this might soon change with the upcoming next release of Gimp.

You should definitely get the Resynthesizer plug-in and install it - its the magic tool you can use to fill a selection, so that it looks like its part of the image and has many other uses like making a texture of leaves you can use as filling (see image), etc.

I dont think it makes much sense for me to make a long list of all the tools and techniques you have to learn. Its better to learn with one problem at a time. People here are always eager to assist you with a specific case.

^
Again, this is fun, but not looking in any way realistic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginner - Applying geometry transforms - by Espermaschine - 01-10-2018, 06:37 AM