Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing GIF, getting "shadows" from previous frames
(02-28-2018, 01:23 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 09:08 PM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:16 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you deoptimize the final image you'll ave yellow pixels all over. 

The basic GIF is made of all opaque frames in (replace) mode. (combine) is an optimization, only useful if you have large parts of your image that are identical between two frames. But given the noise in your frames, this isn't useful.

Ok, that sounds like I can't de-optimize my final image, bummer... I still don't know what replace mode is, or how to use it, or if making the frames opaque will cause problems with how the image looks. Smile

In replace mode,  each frame completely replace the previous one (which is removed), there are no pixels left visible from the previous frame. In combine mode, the new frame just overlays the previous one, which remains visible where the new frame is transparent.

That helps, thanks! I still don't get all the technical stuff, but I understood enough to fix the issue:

[Image: test%2Bre-optimized.gif]
SaveSave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Editing GIF, getting "shadows" from previous frames - by HavingTooMuchFun - 02-28-2018, 01:52 AM