Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I combine and align overlapping images?
I tried using the "Exact Aligner" script, the "Image Registration" plugin, and Hugin, but none did what I'm trying to do.  Has anyone tried the following?

What I'm trying to do is combine two images.  They're very similar and have lots of overlap, but slightly distorted, and this is very obvious in the detailed areas.  One image is high-resolution, but with a washed-out color palette.  The other is low resolution (kind of blurry) but with better colors.  When I try to combine them with the Exact Aligner or Image Registration, they still end up unaligned.  When I try Hugin, it fails in the Enblend stage, saying there's excessive overlap.  One website says to use an older version of Enblend, but I've found in other cases that older versions can cause problems.  I also tried Hugin's builtin blender instead of Enblend, but still had difficulty.

Does anyone know how to combine two similar images to keep the high res details of one and colorize it from the other?

Or does anyone know of an Enblend substitute that can deal with a lot of overlap?

Is there some sort of Image Registration that allows the user to set control points?

An Exact Aligner that can take more than two pairs of control points?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Messages In This Thread
How can I combine and align overlapping images? - by elindarie - 01-09-2017, 01:36 AM