Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
floating selection / copy from other layer
Video 
[Image: test.jpg]

Let me try and explain a little.

Starting at image one I have an example BG with the word TEST embossed. Image two shows the background hidden and a new layer showing reddish layer with an [overlay] effect on the layer setting. Image 3, enable the background and that's the result.

For image four, I want the word TEST as a selection, then select the reddish layer and the shadow layer and simply delete the red and shadow that are below within the selected region. Then I set the layer effect of TEST to exclusion giving the negative effect.  over the whole image and the result it gives.

The point being I want to get the selection of one layers content and use that selection to remove or copy the content of another layer. Very simple in PSP just by clicking the layer you want to affect after you have the selection made. I am used to being able to simply click copy, or copy merged or delete etc.

Sorry if I haven't explained it better now, I'm not used to reaching out for help with paint programs. THis is my first time lol.

Thanks for the replies. I will focus a bit better later as I have to go to the hospital for some checks now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: floating selection / copy from other layer - by i3i - 03-20-2018, 02:03 PM