Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to apply a brightness gradient to a single layer?
Hi folks,

First post here, so hello all Smile

I'm very much a beginner with GIMP, and just learn by clicking on tools and playing with them to see what they do, and anything I cab't figure out I google and figure it out from there, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to do something specific here.

I want to apply a gradient of brightness to just a single layer of an image, but for the life of me I can't. I know what to do in terms of applying the gradient, but I can only apply it to the whole image whilst I only want it to apply to one.

In searching for the answer, the best thing I found for my query was this https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/...brightness which actually seems to be an answer given by one of the moderators of this very forum, some 6 years ago (the part in yellow near the bottom).

Now, those steps are giving me the exact effect I am looking for, it's just I can't figure out how to apply the effect to a single layer. I have no issue applying other effects to a single layer, so perhaps this can't be done, though I suspect it is possible and I'm just missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated Smile

Messages In This Thread
How to apply a brightness gradient to a single layer? - by sebsy - 04-27-2018, 09:56 AM