Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting a selection forces left over area to antialias around edges
I've got a picture of a person who I want to cut and paste into a new layer so I can put text behind them slightly. However, when I draw the selection out and proceed to cut it, it IMMEDIATELY fades out all the edges of the portion left over from the cut. Now, if I paste my selection into a new layer, instead of it seemlessly fitting into the old spot perfectly, there's a gross white border around the cut making it unbelievably obvious that I cut that selection. Is there not some sort of option to turn this off during cutting?

HELP!

(06-07-2018, 02:56 PM)thesanealien Wrote: I've got a picture of a person who I want to cut and paste into a new layer so I can put text behind them slightly. However, when I draw the selection out and proceed to cut it, it IMMEDIATELY fades out all the edges of the portion left over from the cut. Now, if I paste my selection into a new layer, instead of it seemlessly fitting into the old spot perfectly, there's a gross white border around the cut making it unbelievably obvious that I cut that selection. Is there not some sort of option to turn this off during cutting?

HELP!

EDIT: Figured out the problem. This setting is on the selection tool itself under antialising. Was searching for a setting on the "cut" command the whole time. I'm an idiot!

Messages In This Thread
Cutting a selection forces left over area to antialias around edges - by thesanealien - 06-07-2018, 02:56 PM