Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export multiple layers as a layered PDF, not a mulitpage PDF
(06-15-2018, 04:30 PM)auriuman78 Wrote: I've found several ways to export GIMP layers as a multipage PDF, but have been unsuccessful finding info on how to export my visible layers to a single page layered PDF. I know it's possible as I've received PDF files of an image that is layered, such as for print processing markers like dielines and etc.

When you say layered, do you mean multi-page? I have not come across a PDF that has Layers other than (say) using a PDF editor which contains vector objects. Gimp PDF is essentially a bitmap, where each layer is a 'picture'

however FWIW.

If you are using Gimp 2.8 and linux (as your profile) you stand a better chance than with Windows.

There is a python plugin that uses ImageMagick to create a multi-page PDF. (attached, remember to unzip it)

requirements:
version 6 Imagemagick installed
Image saved to file

looks like this:

[Image: PK1YtI8.jpg]

Update to Gimp 2.10 and might be easier: see https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Multi-...97#pid8797

edit: Thinking about
...I've received PDF files of an image that is layered, such as for print processing markers like dielines and etc.

maybe Scribus might be a better bet, it can import both bitmap & vector to export as a PDF

Attached Files
.zip   export-layers-to-pdf.py.zip (Size: 1.83 KB / Downloads: 438)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export multiple layers as a layered PDF, not a mulitpage PDF - by rich2005 - 06-15-2018, 05:27 PM