Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you MOVE stuff in GIMP as there's no pointer?
Dear Anyone.

Dunno what version of GIMP I've got, complete dumbass with software, but most things have a pointer tool that lets you move stuff about the screen. Now I've imported 2 JPEGs. I want to position one inside the other - but I can't find a pointer tool to move them about the screen with. Where is it?  Ditto for moving text around the screen (I've googled 'Where's the Pointer in GIMP' and it says there isn't one which has to be stupid, I can't believe the programmers would leave out something so basic. Gimp's supposed to be a free Photoshop and that's got a pointer!) 

Also - sorry for two questions in one thread - I use the scissors tool to outline an area of foreground.  Say  for argument's sake someone's head.  Now I want to remove the head(!) and leave the rest of the picture untouched. If I press DELETE, it doesn't delete the area I've selected, it deletes the whole picture! 

How do I just delete what I've selected? Nope - CTRL-I for invert does NOT work, I've tried it. Whatever I do kills the background and leaves the selected foreground untouched which is the exact opposite of what I'm going for!

Yours frustratedly

Chris.

Messages In This Thread
How do you MOVE stuff in GIMP as there's no pointer? - by ulrichburke - 07-02-2018, 09:54 AM