Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start
The solution was easy for this second issue - though it took me a lot of time trying to figure out where I would find a libenchant.dll. Finally I thought "I didn't have trouble while I was in 2.10.2" so I reinstalled that after uninstalling 2.10.4 yet again. I tested it really quick, just launching 2.10.2 and not finding anything missing. Then I installed 2.10.4 over that. And now no alerts that libenchant.dll is missing. And clearing out the hidden 2.8 configuration removed the trouble I was having with the phantom normalmap.exe trying to invoke during the plug-ins scan.

And since I forgot to add it to the preview self-reply - I found the .gimp-2.8 (I'm sure there was more to the name that I can no longer remember) using the MS-DOS Command Line Directory command: dir *GIMP* /s /b - and there it was. Using the Windows Explorer search feature missed that, even though I have "Show Hidden" enabled. So ... the command line is still useful.

I don't know if it is just on my setup or if 2.10.4 is missing something in the install (or maybe I chose the wrong options on the installer...). But I'm back to a fully functional Gimp installation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start - by JohnSandlin - 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM