Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start
I'm getting a forum error that I've selected more than one post to quote, and I don't see the quote in my reply box to cut and past just what I want. So replying to Rich2005...

Yes, I believe I had the 64 bit version - the zip file is gimp-normalmap-win64-1.2.3

I think a setting from 2.8 was confusing the install, so I might be able to install it now that 2.10.4 is running well again. I did a fresh "clean" install of 2.10.2 which got rid of errors that popped up after clearing out the 2.8 config information. I think NormalMap may have been trying to find the dll's in the 2.8 install, which no longer existed. Clearing out the old ~/.gimp-2.8 completely got me on the right path. I only had a few "extras" installed in 2.8 - Most of what I do the default tools work well for. If I find I need them again I'll download the latest versions.

Thank you, Rich, your information is good and anyone else with a similar trouble will be smart to follow your advice.

(07-06-2018, 08:15 AM)rich2005 Wrote: That libenchant.dll file seems to be causing some problems

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1789

OK, I figured out the quote thing... lol - my brain isn't as fast on the uptake as it once, theoretically, was.

I haven't registered at the gitlab portal. We might suggest trying a clean install of 2.10.2 and then 2.10.4 over top of that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start - by JohnSandlin - 07-06-2018, 08:16 AM