Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search for a font - Rebuilding the font with Gimp
(08-13-2018, 01:01 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The problem with using scripts is always, you get what you are given.

For more roundedness, you might have to revert back to basic bumpmapping and not only once.
'Extras' can be added by repeating with a different bumpmap.

Gimp bumpmapping is unfortunately destructive, my advice work on duplicated layers and build the image up.

Those little embellishments will be very faint as a bumpmap. extra white will bump upwards, grey will depress.

This as an an example, your image, paths and channels, but starting with a flat coloured shape

[Image: fQcBvht.jpg]

attached as a gimp .xcf.gz 

FWIW, my opinion, do not try too hard to replicate the original, obviously been scaled up and down a few times and is somewhat degraded.
Good morning,

and thanks for your example. It's nice. To be able to build your example, I'm interested in how you built the layer "bumpmap01" with the shadow. The same for the level "bumpmap2".

Since I want to scale the image later, because I need it on large posters, I need it as a vector graphic. Can this approach be done with Inkscape as well?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Search for a font - Rebuilding the font with Gimp - by Diani - 08-15-2018, 06:26 AM