Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RESOLVED] Disable automatic update of GIMP
(08-02-2018, 07:14 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: 1. Aesthetics: you can use a different theme
2. Copy/paste: surprised, should work... What puts the images in the clipboard?
3. Resizing changes color:  "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.". Examples?

2. Seems to work now... i don't know why it was not the case last time, but Ctrl + V and Ctrl + Maj + V were both resulting in the error message "there is nothing to paste in your clipboad" or something like that

3. Apoligize, i just tried, it's not resizing that change the colors, it's rotating. It's a functionnality that i basically use a lot, and i wasted too much time to rebalance the colors to original (10 minuts in fact, then i reinstalled 2.8.22). So there is probably a way to fix it with some parameters, but as a basic user, with huge time constraints, this is time I can't spend right now.

Extraordinary evidence: I applied a 90° rotation, then 90° back on both images...

Resizing with 2.10.4:[Image: GIMP_problem_rotation.png]

Same with 2.8.22:[Image: GIMP_rotation.png]

I don't want to criticize GIMP for pleasure. On the opposite, I really like this application that helps me daily.
If I complain about problems, it's because they really happened. I sincerely hope that this will help to improve the software

Regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RESOLVED] Disable automatic update of GIMP - by eccsup - 08-03-2018, 10:07 AM