Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fading around irregular image
(08-11-2018, 02:08 AM)jediguitar101@yahoo.com Wrote: @Ofnuts...I appreciate the help.

So, method #1...I got it to work. Method #2 - nothing happened. "when happy with result"...that implies that you do something between adding a layer mask and applying it?
Method #3...not sure how to target the gaussian blur with the layer mask. GB applies to the entire image. What am I missing?

Method#2: if you initialize from the selection (this is one of the choices in the "Add layer mask dialog"), in the Layers list, the "mask" preview should be a blurred shape, and in the main display your object should have fading edges. Nothing more to. But you have to make sure you have a selection... strike enter or double-click before adding the mask.

Method#3: in the Layers list, click on the layer or on the mask thumbnail to select the target of the operations. At the bottom of the image display, the indicator says Layer_name or Layer_name mask depending on the target. And when you add a mask, it is automatically set as the target of the next operations. But remember that once you have created the mask, you must remove the selection (Select>None) before applying the blur (otherwise the blur only applies inside the selection and since that bit is already all white, nothing will change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fading around irregular image - by Ofnuts - 08-10-2018, 10:00 AM
RE: Fading around irregular image - by Ofnuts - 08-11-2018, 08:46 AM
RE: Fading around irregular image - by Ofnuts - 08-11-2018, 11:47 AM