Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way to do Animated Maps in Gimp 2.10
Hi everyone!

I want to do some animated maps for a long distance hike I recently completed (Pacific Crest Trail, 2660 miles). I have Photoshop Elements 8 but it cannot do animated maps (need a full version).

I discovered that animated maps can be easily done with Gimp and Gap so I downloaded the latest versions of Gimp (2.10) and GAP (4.9.2) only to discover that all the tutorials I've found refer to older versions.  

I've tried importing it anyway but I cannot figure out how to do the animated maps.  The older tutorials don't really apply as they use things that I cannot seem to find in the newer version of Gimp.  As I'm not familiar with either, I'm somewhat lost.

First question: is there a simple way to import GAP 4.0 into Gimp 2.10 to make animated maps?

If not, can I download older versions of Gimp and Gap to make it work?  I found a Gimp 2.8 download but most tutorials available cover Gimp 2.6. (There's a very nice animated maps tutorial on YouTube for Gimp 2.6 and Gap 2.6 that does exactly what I want to do.)

All I want to do are simple animated maps for my PCT hike video showing the portions of the trail completed to a certain point, trail detours, side trips, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Is there any way to do Animated Maps in Gimp 2.10 - by xray - 08-27-2018, 07:36 PM