Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't edit text on image?
Quote:.but the problem seems to have fixed itself now...

Maybe, but I have the feeling that you have some mistaken assumptions about using the Text tool

Quote:...In your second image, I was sure a little arrow would appear to the right of the font selection box, where it says 'Sans' which would let you select the font from there

That second image points out; Make sure the 'text' layer is actually a text layer with the T icon in the Layers Dialogue If you lose the text property, clicking on it will start another text layer, as you described in your first post. Never seen that little arrow but..

Quote:..I'm also aware I can double click the font section above the text, to access the other fonts, but this wouldn't work last night either.

That is for changing selected text in the on-screen tool. Select all or part of the text and change colour, size, font etc. No selection, no action.

If you clear the font name and type in a start letter, gives a list to choose from.

[Image: OlkbXiv.jpg]

I did this video on using the text tool back in 2012 when Gimp 2.8 escaped. Still valid.

http://youtu.be/ChcTE9KROmc only 4 minutes there might be something in there of use.

Messages In This Thread
Can't edit text on image? - by OurJud - 08-29-2018, 02:39 AM
RE: Can't edit text on image? - by rich2005 - 08-29-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: Can't edit text on image? - by OurJud - 08-30-2018, 08:35 PM
RE: Can't edit text on image? - by rich2005 - 08-31-2018, 08:16 AM