Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing or deleting one of several rectangle selections
(02-27-2017, 09:06 AM)Kevin Wrote: The concept that you're missing is that there is only ever a single selection - you don't have multiple selections, just one selection spread over the image which may consist of isolated regions.

So as Ofnuts and rich2005 describe, you need to add-to or subtract-from your existing selection to get the shape you want.

Thanks for everyone's replies!  I tried the technique of selecting "Subtract from the current selection" and then selecting an overlaying rectangle that is bigger than the one I want to remove.  This worked fine, the underlying selection was removed.

After viewing all of the material, my take-away is that there is no way to select one of the isolated regions of selection and then modify it as if it was just created.  When I first create an area of selection, I can stretch/shrink it in all directions.  It doesn't sound like, after I create my 10 regions of selection, that I can pick one of them and edit it as if it was just created.

It sounds like I would need to first delete it (via the above subtract technique) and then re-create it anew, which would allow me to re-size it to the size I want.  This would be fine, it would be much better than deleting all of them and starting over.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks again.

JB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Editing or deleting one of several rectangle selections - by jbheadrick - 02-27-2017, 01:52 PM