Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizarre failure to combine animated GIF with static image
Quote:..I'm using 2.8.22. It looks totally different than what you have in the video; maybe that's a PC versus Mac thing?..

I use linux and a regular Gimp 2.8 setup in single window mode. If you are using the default multi-window mode try the gimp menu Windows and enable Single Window Mode

Quote:I downloaded the script, but I have no idea what to do with it. I tried to open it directly, but the computer didn't recognize the file type or have any idea what to open it with. I tried to get Gimp to open it, and Gimp didn't recognize the file type either…? If I have a user scripts folder, I have no idea where it might be..

Yeah, It is going to be a long, hard, up-hill, battle for you.

Gimp has a user profile where you keep your personal scripts, plug-ins, brushes, fonts etc. The only note I have about location in a Mac is /Users/'MyName'/Library/Application Support/Gimp/2.8/scripts but I do know this can vary depending where you got GIMP.
There is a reeference here https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/

However, always a however. 
That last gif better than the photobucket ones, and as it happens not that difficult to fix. For each layer change replace to combine Wink

You can do that by re-exporting with settings like this:

Although does not teach you much about making animations. Best of luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bizarre failure to combine animated GIF with static image - by rich2005 - 09-14-2018, 07:34 PM