Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque?
What I’m trying to do is make an entire image SHEER, in other words see-through, but with all the colors maintained. Using the opacity control on the layers palette it looks like I’m doing that, the gray checkerboard appears underlying the image, but when I try to copy or clone that image onto another one, it goes on completely opaque, no matter how low I take the opacity! BUT, if I save the image as a PNG, and re-import it, then it can be copied or cloned and it IS sheer.

Clearly, I’m making some sort of stupid error here; could somebody please tell me what it is, lol?

Also: I’ve tried copying the sheer image into the clipboard of the brush pallete, but the result is also always opaque; is that fixable?

For bonus points: Is there a way to make only PART of an image see-through? Not colorless, just SHEER. Taking a color to alpha sometimes creates exactly that effect, by accident as far as I can tell, because I can’t make it do that deliberately…?!

Messages In This Thread
Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque? - by HavingTooMuchFun - 09-25-2018, 04:41 PM