Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque?
OP did say earlier all was RGB

Quote:...Is there some weird setting that's gone wrong here, or some important step that I'm missing?..

There are no weird settings in Gimp, only the settings you use. It boils down to your work-flow, which probably needs changing. 

Start using transparent layers and stop using color-to-alpha for semi-transparency. 

Compare:

[Image: hv0ftrA.jpg]

1. The layer is transparent. The opacity is about 40 % the background layer is off. That is what I see. That is what I Copy Visible

2. New transparent layer. Background visibility is back on. Select the clipboard brush. Reset the size (yellow arrow icon next to brush size) Paint in the new layer with semi-transparency. What you need to know here. That new transparent layer is has 100% opacity. The clipboard brush retains the 40% opacity.

Pencil and Brush. You choose either from the tool box, What is the difficulty there? I suspect something else. They do share the same brush shape. Some properties such as brush opacity will change. Up to you to check the settings. No anti-aliasing with a pencil, why do you want to use it?

[Image: CpMrU7F.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque? - by rich2005 - 09-27-2018, 12:13 PM