Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque?
(09-27-2018, 03:14 PM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote: I had high hopes for this one… But sadly, it didn’t work. Pencil worked normally upon restart as it always does. I switched to a brush, verified that it WAS the brush, clicked back on pencil… And it was still the brush. Tried with several other brushes; same thing.

Tell me, have you come from some other graphics editing application and are trying to make Gimp act the same way?

If the answer is yes - then don't. Use Gimp the way it works and default values have proven the best over time.

Do not confuse the tool with the brush, Defaults are: change tools and keep the same brush or keep the same tool and change the brush.

For what you want go to Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options and untick the Paint Options Shared... Ok that and restart Gimp.

Then you can use the Paint tool with one brush and the pencil tool with a different brush. You still have to choose the brush for each.

[Image: BQJxvoa.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making an image semi-transparent… Or is that semi-opaque? - by rich2005 - 09-27-2018, 03:48 PM