Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp.image_list() vs pdb.gimp_image_list()
(10-07-2018, 10:14 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: There is an additional "object" layer in the Python interface. Many things in the PDB also exist as object methods and make the code a lot easier to write (and read...). A general documentation can be found here, but not everything is 100% documented. A good way to find things is to use dir(object) on various objects. You will see fairly obvious equivalents of the PDB functions:
  • read-only attributes that are the equivalents of get*() functions
  • read/write attributes that are the equivalents of get*() and set*() functions
  • plain methods

So I guess gimp.image_list() is not documented as I don't seem to be able to find docs on it anywhere.

Also, I'm new to GIMP python programming and looking at the PDB many of the procedures (like the pdb.gimp_image_lower_item()) make reference to  parameters like image IMAGE The Image, or item ITEM The Item to lower but nowhere do I seem to be able to find docs on how you get a reference to those parameters.

For example for the referenced procedure, I can't seem to find another procedure to get a reference to the item i want to lower.  Same, same for the reference to the parameter image. 

I see your reference to the gimp.image_list() function which returns a reference to an image and I understand that, but had I not found this post thread, I would still be scratching my head trying to figure out how I get references to parameters that i want to use in PDB procedures.

Hope this make sense.  I usually can figure this type of stuff out with a new programming language after a bit of trial and error, but I'm totally stuck on how to use the PDB when I can't figure out how to get references to objects used as parameters in PDB procedures.

Thanks in advance for any help to solving my problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: gimp.image_list() vs pdb.gimp_image_list() - by wc.smith - 10-30-2021, 08:41 PM