Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New python-fu plugins are not registering
Greetings all,

I am a veteran programmer, but new to scripting for GIMP. I've hit a roadblock that had me legit stumped, so I'm looking for someone with expertise in the domain.

The python console in GIMP works just fine and other python scripts that ship with GIMP (e.g., foggify.py) work as expected, but I have not been able to even get a Hello World python-fu script to run. (This is a fresh install of GIMP 2.10 on Windows 10.) I've exhausted every reference, tutorial and troubleshooting guide I can find, and apparently I'm still missing something.

Notably, I can copy foggify.py, change all relevant instances of "fog*" to "dog*", save it in the same directory as doggify.py, and it is not recognized by GIMP. However, I can make changes to foggify.py (e.g., change the menu text from "_Fog..." to "_Frogs..." and that IS recognized by GIMP. Apparently I'm missing some aspect of registration.

Attached is a .zip of C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\foggify, including a text file with the output of a --verbose startup.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Attached Files
.zip   foggify.zip (Size: 7.9 KB / Downloads: 364)

Messages In This Thread
New python-fu plugins are not registering - by RayInLA - 11-09-2018, 03:26 PM