Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other software unable to display .tif files created by GIMP
(12-19-2018, 08:56 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: ...

Can you create a small TIFF with DPP (crop any image to 100x100) and attach it here?

Well now this exercise forced considerable experimentation.  It now looks to me like there are lots of ways to make .tif format files with GIMP that DPP is able to open.  This finally lead me to a case that fails.  I tried lots of combinations of exporting a single layer image with both 8 & 16 bit precision as well as with and without ICC profiles assigned but couldn't recreate the problem.  It took adding a second layer in GIMP, which is something that I do on most images that I export from GIMP, to reproduce the problem.

I attached 2 fairly small sample files.  They are the same except that a second layer was added in the one that says "Layered" in the file name.  It is the one with the added layer that exhibits the subject defect.

Attached Files
.tif   IMG_0237.PelicanSmall.16bit.RT54.ELLE-ICC.Layered.tif (Size: 839.56 KB / Downloads: 222)
.tif   IMG_0237.PelicanSmall.16bit.RT54.ELLE-ICC.tif (Size: 604.93 KB / Downloads: 227)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other software unable to display .tif files created by GIMP - by ajax - 12-19-2018, 07:56 PM