Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other software unable to display .tif files created by GIMP
Three more trial images, in .tif format, all exhibit the same defect that is the subject of this topic.  All had an added layer as follows:

1. New layer larger than the original image but with zero offset (i.e., top left corner in same place)
  2. New layer the same size as the original image
  3. New layer smaller than original image but with positive X & Y offset where added layer was still completely covered by original image
Of possible interest.  I'd previously posted a topic on the Canon forum regarding this problem which didn't result in much of any explanation.  However, at about the same time I was posting this topic on this forum that topic on the Canon forum received a reply from someone else experiencing the same problem.  It turns out that Photoshop was used to create the problem image in that case.  I've never used Photoshop and don't know much about it but, I THINK, it is also a layered editor which is something it has in common with GIMP.  GIMP and Photoshop would be the only layered editors I know about and I also think it might be fair to say that layered editors are much more rare than non-layered.

I'll be glad to attach the new images if desired.  They are the same original image but a little smaller because I also went with 8 bit precision instead of 16 bit.  Let me know if you want any of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other software unable to display .tif files created by GIMP - by ajax - 12-20-2018, 01:23 PM