Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop
rich2005 - I do not have dual monitors, only one very large one (acer 24" HD display 123ppi at 2560x1440 resolution). Which makes this behavior even more remarkable -- I have a very, very large desktop. Yet GIMP often, on image open, is "drawn" off the left edge of this very large desktop. With the image linked to below, I have to grab the right edge of the GIMP window and drag it leftwards enough so that I can use the titlebar to move the window to the right so I can see and use the left tool docks. This is the image that's in the second screencap of my original post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8wlcgbm0zvhdf...P.jpg?dl=0

Alas, your suggestion does not change this behavior. You've been doing this a long time. Does this behavior not happen for you with 2.10.x? When I used 2.8.x any image I opened was zoomed to "fit" the available window. From the View menu is an option to do this same thing View > Zoom > Fit Image in Window. My recollection is this was the default GIMP behavior in 2.8.x. It is not the default now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop - by gstalnaker - 12-29-2018, 08:30 PM