Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop
(12-30-2018, 10:22 AM)rich2005 Wrote: That has always worked here but no guarantee elsewhere. https://i.imgur.com/87VZUuB.jpg

----------
A matter of usage philosophy but for a long time, first thing I do is set Gimp up the way I want it to open.
Then (Gimp 2.10) untick the three save on exit options tool options and input devices for the tool box set-up and window management for the overall gimp size and of course use save options now for each.

A more recent addition is setting a keyboard shortcut for View -> Zoom -> Fit Image in Window which by default is not assigned.

And it also works here! Brilliant! Now, I cannot click-and-drag to open an image (GIMP thinks I want to add it as a layer), but I'll not quibble over that as long as I don't have to resize the entire window when I open a image.

I explicitly added (initial-zoom-to-fit yes) to my AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\gimprc file but it made no difference.

Like you, the first thing I do is setup my docks, etc. I once saw a tutorial where the user had all the docks on the left side with the tools on the right in a two-wide palette [Heh! Just realized this may be you I'm talking about LOL]. I liked it and began using it and it is now my preferred way to set GIMP up.

Thank you, again. Very much appreciated.

Should I submit a bug report since the "zoom-to-fit" on initial image load is not working?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop - by gstalnaker - 12-31-2018, 03:38 AM