Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop
Quote:...Now, I cannot click-and-drag to open an image (GIMP thinks I want to add it as a layer)..

There is a dedicated spot for drag-and-drop (aka drag-n-wish in Windows) The top of the toolbox.

This used to annoy some users in Gimp 2.8 so the developers added the ability to disable in Gimp 2.10

Still there in your setup, very small, but it does work

edit:
Quote:Should I submit a bug report since the "zoom-to-fit" on initial image load is not working?

A few tests (using linux). I have both Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10.8 Both set up in almost the same way, very traditional tools/options one side - one vertical strip of docks the other side.

Opening the same wide image in each and the Gimp 2.10 increase in width is due to the tools/options being slightly wider due to extra icons. I suspect that the extra dock  (navigation/undo/selection and layers/channels/paths) is causing the problem.

If you do submit a report include all the details, I suspect the developers will be using a similar layout to me and not see the problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening image caused GIMP to resize itself off the desktop - by rich2005 - 12-31-2018, 09:18 AM