Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much size upscale or size downscale before pixelation or degradation of image?
Hey guys, I have been reading around this subject, how much size upscale and size downscale can be done before significant pixelation and significant degradation of image, and haven't found many correlative answers, other than every software behaves different.

Specifically I'm thinking of an image with this qualities: - 23 megapixels camera resolution and 5520x4144 pixels .jpg - treated in Gimp and rendered in .png with alpha layers. After all the reading I did I settled on nohalo for upscale, and lohalo for downscaling. Sometimes I keep nohalo for downascaling as well. 

I'm transforming my images to 32 bit floating point precision with max resolution (1.000.000 ppi) in Gimp when first opened.

But the heart of the question is, how much upscale and downscale generally can be done to an image before it degrades or pixelates in Gimp?

Messages In This Thread
How much size upscale or size downscale before pixelation or degradation of image? - by Tetragram - 01-17-2019, 01:14 AM