Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, how do I convert something I edited back into a PDF losing all the other pages?
(02-20-2019, 02:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I think it is this: The first page is horizontal and that sets the canvas size. Vertical pages are therefore truncated.

All the pages need to be the same orientation - horizontal

Open the PDF as images, then rotate the vertical images to horizontal Image -> Transform -> Rotate

Then a choice, and for a beginner the safest might be save each image as a gimp xcf. Then, starting afresh, File -> Open as Layers all the .xcf files. That gets a stack of layers. Now Export as a PDF.

The other way is moving the images into a singe image as layers, Edit -> Copy Edit -> Paste Layer -> To New Layer or click and drag from tab to tab.

A quick 3 minute video of the process that might help https://youtu.be/8mBFaXf8o4U

That video (Re-Assemble an imported PDF) made all the difference. Thank you for taking the time for that. Still took me a while to figure out (Was dealing with 40+ pages so I ended up just using a few pages like the example to play around with it till I got the hang of it). I ended up cutting the layers and pasting them rather than copying and pasting since it was making it hard to keep track of which pages I had done already. Afterwards deleting the empty layers I cut from. Worked out very well. 

Also appreciate the tip from Blighty and yourself on setting the resolution to 300 as well. I have been fretting over this for a few days and now finally can just start plugging away. Thank you guys so much ! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help, how do I convert something I edited back into a PDF losing all the other pages? - by Frus8edDude - 02-20-2019, 08:54 PM