Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing say GIMP won't work for our organisation
(02-21-2019, 10:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: If your costs are spiralling, talk to an Adobe rep, they must have enterprise licenses.

Gimp isn't a cut-down PS. It is an image editor that doesn't try to be a PS clone. Interoperability with PS is minimal (and AFAIK you edit text from a .PSD file since this text becomes a raster layer in Gimp).

IMHO using a raster editor for invitations is a bad idea anyway, this is typically done with a typesetting application, which in the Open Source word is typically Scribus, even though could can likely go  along way with a plain document editor (MS Office or LibreOffice).

Thanks for the reply Ofnuts. I've already spoken to Adobe and managed to secure really good pricing. The issue we have is that we've gone from circa 4 seats to over 25 and more users are requesting it. I've put a freeze on new seats until I can see if GIMP will suffice.

We use Adobe InDesign for the invitation design at the moment, but we are a charity so we get Publisher at a huge discount. Again, this is something I want to raise. Why are we using a paid for product when we could leverage our reduced cost option?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marketing say GIMP won't work for our organisation - by Stuped - 02-21-2019, 05:12 PM