Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beginner question
Hi G_F

I am trying to learn GIMP.  I watch tutorials which give me a lot of information, but I still cant figure out how to do the simple things.

I have 2.8 on Win 10 64 bit.  

Can you help me with a basic first project?  

I would like to make an image in Gimp which I can then print out on my Laserjet.  I would like to put a jpg image on the top half of the image and enter some random text of my choice on the lower half of the image.  

I have been able to add a jpg from my pc to an image and I have also gotten text on an image using the text tool.   I can do one or the other but Im having trouble composing an image with jpg on top and text on the bottom.  

I kinda understand layers, but Im not able to compose a simple image and have both jpg and text in the right locations on one image.

Can you outline the steps to layout my project image and then get it to print out full size on a printed page?

Any coaching would be appreciated, but I need simple or Ill be lost quickly.   Im just not understanding how to layout a page the way I want.    Somehow I end up with two image boxes with jpg on one and text on the other.

Messages In This Thread
beginner question - by liga47 - 03-13-2019, 03:59 AM
RE: beginner question - by Blighty - 03-13-2019, 07:14 AM
RE: beginner question - by liga47 - 03-14-2019, 08:08 PM