Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization
Thanks for answer.

I know how to do with Imagej whatever old pc and os I use, that's enough for me.

With "good quality" settings (large blocksize and sufficient histogram bins)) this algorithm rescue very well some picture, especially those which have bad lighting conditions.
With very smaller blocksize and histogram bins number, i can get what i call drawing effect or watercolor painting efect.

I tought it woud be interesting to have this code in Gimp and do not have enough knowledge in programming to know if it is even possible from the c code of 1985 on github. This code is also mentionned on this pdf Graphic Gems 4 at page 474 :
http://ftp.ftp.borg.moe/yarr/Gentoomen%2...ms%204.pdf

Gmic filter seems interesting but settings do not match with those of Imagej. Also sky is not so blue and there is not what i call drawing effect when lowering blocksize and histograms bins.

I mentionned above Imagemagick can also do, but with same settings, results are little different and need further adjustment on contrast-luminosity-saturation to match results of Imagej.

Another try with bigger picture, i add an artistic effect from Gimp

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization - by remico - 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM