Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feathering won't turn off
(06-27-2019, 06:59 AM)Blighty Wrote: The problem is not feathering. What you have is:
1. white background that is not pure white
2. a black hat that is not pure black
3. anti-aliasing pixels between the black and white (these are shades of gray)
I don't think that can be the problem.  I'm talking about "cut" making all black pixels more transparent for a distance of hundreds of pixels outside the selection area.  And the area that is affected is defined not by the current selection, but by the selection areas made in earlier editing operations.

Here's another example:  I'm trying to make the end of a line oval-shaped by selection an oval outline and clearing outside it, but everything inside the square region (which I intersected with the oval) gets made more transparent.  This isn't a feathering or aliasing effect, because it ends precisely at the border of the square that I intersected with the oval, even where that is not part of the border of the selected region.  Plus, this line is about 80 pixels across, and I have feathering set at 2 pixels.  This must be a bug.

I can't, BTW, turn antialiasing off for rectangle select, though I can for other select operations.  I think that's because there is no antialiasing for square regions, as they never cross rows or columns of pixels.

[Image: dEs0Yf3tD8h-WzClLSzESq_pJtVu1sqJJWfOIls2...RtdZTnpvp-]

Messages In This Thread
Feathering won't turn off - by Ferdrimmler - 06-27-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Feathering won't turn off - by Blighty - 06-27-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: Feathering won't turn off - by Ferdrimmler - 07-13-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Feathering won't turn off - by Blighty - 07-14-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Feathering won't turn off - by rich2005 - 06-27-2019, 10:06 AM