Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others
HELP!  About 4 days ago, my GIMP began displaying the characters in various part of the user interface as rectangles.  It happens in popup UI windows a few other places, like in rulers, the popup descriptions for menu items and on the main splash screen while coming up.  Menus and sub-menus are fine. My best guess is that it happens for any variable text. At this point GIMP is virtually unusable.

This happened when I brought up GIMP 2.10.8 after having brought it up with no problems 3-4 times a week for several months.  To my knowledge I didn't update anything relevant anywhere else.  

I tried cleaning up AppData\Local\fontconfig\cache.  I uninstalled GIMP 2.10.8 and installed 2.10.12.  No improvement. 

I am running on a 64-bit Windows 7. I'm not too sophisticated. I am a GIMP user and have been for 4 trouble-free years.  

Any suggestions?  

Krobins

Messages In This Thread
Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others - by krobins - 07-25-2019, 11:25 PM