Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others
(07-26-2019, 08:23 PM)krobins Wrote: Well, that was interesting.

When I moved GIMP/2.10 aside and restarted GIMP, I got an unhandled exception error.  I compared the partially-built 2.10 directory with the one that I set aside.  The new one had not yet created the last sub-directory (GIMP/2.10/internal-data) and only 3 of the rc files (themerc, menurc, pluginrc), and tags.xml had been created.

I decided to go back and install 2.8.22.  I un-installed 2.10.12 and ran the 2.8 install.  When I ran it, it got to a point where I got an "the program terminated in an unusual way" error from Visual Studio.  When I compared the new .gimp.2.8 folder to the old one, there was no internal-data folder in either, and only 3 of the rc files (gtcrc, themrc and menurc) weere there, along with tags.xml. 

It looks like it might be having the same issue in both cases.

Not sure how to approach this now....  I'm pretty determined to get it resolved.  Has anybody created a script to go through and completely clean up a GIMP installation, including all configuration, all registry values, etc? Sounds like it would be useful at a time like this....

Also, is there any other software (libraries) that GIMP depends on that some other software may have updated by some other software?

Onward!  

krobins

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others - by krobins - 07-26-2019, 11:38 PM