Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new project is in inches and saving at wrong size!
Sad 
Yeah.. how do i get it stay in inches?  I did a whole project except one small part and shut down for the night, next day opened it and while i was looking at it to remember what i wanted to do last, i zoomed in and saw the one bit was not in alignment, and as i started to move it, i saw the everything was off.  But then i realized it wasnt in inches anymore.  Making it difficult to size, for me.  ok, so i couldnt see anyway to get it back to inches,and just gave up in frustration. since it was completed.  I saved it and exported to png.  Well i just opened it my other really odd graphics software like b efore xp? lol i think? anyway, it was there, but instead of being 11 inches wide it was only 5.5 inches wide.  yeah.  I enlarged it and saved it aging. it looks fine other than that.

Now i just opened another project to find the same thing. its not in inches any longer. i was almost done with this one too.  ok how on earth do i make gimp stop playing around with my files and dimensions?  I know its probably something im doing, but all i do is 'save' and open recent.....thank you

I just opened this last one int he other software, photo draw, and yeah, same thing, gimp is saving these as half sized why? i have to say, my experience with gimp interface etc is not encouraging me to love gimp.  Which i had always loved it before, er long ago...years ago lol.  always like it more than photoshop.. cant rem why though now.  ok.. so 

HOW DO YOU GET THE FILE TO STAY THE SAME SIZE YOU CREATED IT?  I MEAN REALLY, LOL.  HAHAHA  THANK YOU

is this really true?  
"Warning
The changes you make to ruler units only last for the current session. If you close the image and reload it later, you will have to reset the ruler units again. In addition, if you edit multiple images during a single session, you will have to change the ruler settings for each image window."

Messages In This Thread
new project is in inches and saving at wrong size! - by Human3 - 08-25-2019, 09:03 PM