Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new project is in inches and saving at wrong size!
(08-27-2019, 12:11 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:43 PM)Human3 Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:23 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: So yes, at 300 DPI a 11" picture is 3300 pixels, so the middle is at 1650. So that would be the right size?

yes still cant open gimp to look yet, but i think thats right. but why doesnt it wave it that size?  is it something in the save is changing the size then?  thank you again

What size is the saved image, in pixels?

1650x1275  in photo draw when i look at its properties under 'picture setup'  it says its a postcard, lol. One thing each time i open an 'new' file it tells me it is larger than something, sorry im very tired right now. larger than some allocation. which i have not investigated what that is or how to change it i just say ok, as im in a hurry to get these made and printed for testing purposes. So i dont know if that is changing the size when i save it? i dont use any compression either. dont care if they are large files, want to keep all the details i can.

its odd that when i open it in gimp its the right size each time.. so it must be when i am saving it? ok calling it a night i cant be back here again till late tuesday afternoon or evening. but thank you for you help

Messages In This Thread
RE: new project is in inches and saving at wrong size! - by Human3 - 08-27-2019, 02:33 AM