Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new project is in inches and saving at wrong size!
Ok, finally had some time to get to computer and open gimp. I just created a new file and made a black box. It gave me the same error at the New, and i went into preferences to locate the challenge and changed it from 250 to 500 it wasnt in the image settings but someplace else. sorry i dont recall the exact menu option. Anyway then exported it as png and closed gimp and opened photo draw and opened the box file and yes! it was the right size.

I thought when crreating the 'new' file that it would override that setting and save the file my size not its size. Im a bit confused as why when i set a new project size image size that it doesnt override any previous settings? Thats the only clue that the file will not be the same size if viewed in anything other than gimp. And its interesting that when you open a saved file it opens to the larger image in gimp. yeah. so there is more behind the curtain, and i cant find any documentation on it. perhaps its a bug. so now i will go back through all the images i created and check and see if they will export again but to the full size instead of the half size. just doesnt make sense that it know the correct size but wont export it to that size. yeah.. im going in circles now lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: new project is in inches and saving at wrong size! - by Human3 - 08-27-2019, 09:02 PM