Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - FIXED!
(05-11-2017, 12:01 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Where does the "Documents" part of the name comes from? I don' thing anything name such in the file list? Otherwise it seems it is trying to load a directory as an image....
I don't know. There isn't a "Documents" folder in my User\IAEHoldings Folder. There is a folder called "My Documents" but I'm not saving work there. I don't know why GIMP is looking for a folder that doesn't even exist.

GIMP is installed (or that's where the system folders are) on my "C" drive. But I've located GIMP image files in my IAEHoldings folder which is located in the Desktop Folder (though not in my Libraries folders).

I'd like to install GIMP high on the heirarchy (like "C") for speed of access and keep all my GIMP work in folders there. But it seems GIMP doesn't like accessing folders there. I think... I've gotten confused over time about where to store my work because of having problems not being able to access folders through GIMP's file management windows.

Thanks for helping out. I really appreciate it.

Mike

edit: I notice when I "openfile" there's a list of my drives. When I click on IAEHoldings, I get the error, when I click on "C" drive, I get the error - out of several drives, I get the error on about 5 of them. "Cannot read the contents"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - by GeneralProductsHull - 05-11-2017, 04:10 AM