Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I add custom buttons?
I just picked up a Surface to try to use it for a drawing tablet.
Since GIMP doesn't work properly with Surface's API there are a number of features I could really use a convenient way to get around.
What I'm thinking I could really use is a way to create custom buttons I could add into the interface.  For example, undo/redo.  I'd like to add an undo button into my UI that I can just click for a simple one-button effect.
There are other commands I'd like to add as well, like I'm thinking buttons to zoom in and out since half the time when I try to pinch the screen I end up drawing on it.

Fundamentally I'm just wanting to add command I normally use the keyboard for to some sort of custom toolbar.
Is there any way to do this?

Also, mostly unrelated, but the latest version of GIMP looks way different than what I'm used to, and I'm curious what kind of options I have to change my UI's theme.  I was poking around and saw something in the settings where it listed paths to themes, but I didn't find where to actually change them.  I'm wondering what kind of options I might have for creating custom themes so I can fit the UI better.  Between the surface's size/resolution some things just feel the wrong size to me, and I might just want to completely customize a lot of these things.

Messages In This Thread
Can I add custom buttons? - by Marscaleb - 11-23-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by rich2005 - 11-23-2019, 08:22 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by Marscaleb - 11-23-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by rich2005 - 11-24-2019, 10:02 AM