Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP window expands to unviewable size
Actually in that window you have two docks, the top one with (showing) fonts, brushes (selected tab), palettes, brushes, gradients... and the bottom one with the Layers, channels and paths lists. The [<] gives you access to two things: 1) a menu that lets you manage the tabs (although you can do most things there by drag and drop), and 2) a menu specific to the active tab (which is AFAIK identical to the right click menu in that same tab).

You can reorganize this at will. Personally I find that modern display are OK to display movies but much too wide and not high enough for actual work so I also organize docks horizontally. Currently my toolbox window looks like this:

On the left, the regular toolbox (with some tools added and some removed), the Layers/Channels/Paths list, and the error console at the bottom. I can easily shrink the console when I temporarily need more room in the layers list.

On the right, things that require some vertical space: list of assets (fonts, gradients, patterns...) and the Tool options dialog.

Messages In This Thread
GIMP window expands to unviewable size - by Gully - 12-04-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: GIMP window expands to unviewable size - by Ofnuts - 12-04-2019, 09:54 AM