Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deselect for fuzzy tool not working
(12-08-2019, 05:22 AM)Blighty Wrote: Use the Fuzzy Select tool to select the transparent background. Default 15 works fine.
If required, you can use Select > Invert

You literally just revolutionized the way I use the fuzzy tool lol bc I didn't realize you could do thatBig Grin
I did have to do the invert part because without it it outlined the edges of the canvas. Seriously since I know this trick I've been using it tons

(12-08-2019, 09:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @marigolden

Quote:but I don't want an outline on the enclosed arm area on the left frog

As you have discovered by now there are usually several different ways to get an end result. Eventually you will get your own set of favourite procedures, might not be the best way or easiest way but will suit you.

For your two little drawings and an outline. Remember you are allowed to use the eraser tool Wink

Other than using a quickmask (my favourite) I might do something like this; duration 54 seconds.  https://youtu.be/Xe1Yfbo-qxM

Thank you for your wonderful video!! A really great reminder of how handy that eraser can be..also I hadn't realize those shortcuts of shift/control I used for the fuzzy tool had actual button counterparts. Very helpful to see you use the interface

(12-08-2019, 10:13 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: How about using layerfx for making an outline ?

'Outer Glow' is based on Gaussian Blur. When you crank up the 'Spread', you have full control over how antialiased your border gets.

Hmm this is interesting..I will definitely play around with this in future if I want a broadly blended outline

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deselect for fuzzy tool not working - by marigolden - 12-11-2019, 03:22 AM