Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change all "white" to red in jpeg
My daughter has drawn a picture on white paper using a very fine black pen. It is a complex forest but for the purposes of this question we may as well imagine that she has drawn a fine grid of squares, each a few millimetres wide, on a piece of A4 paper (210x297mm). If we scan the picture with a scanner we will be able to turn it into a jpeg (or a pdf) and open this jpeg in gimp 2.10.

She has made pictures like this in the past and then changed all the white to red using the "fill" functionality of gimp, carefully going through individual areas and clicking on each. But in this situation there are so many small areas that she will clearly be better off using some sort of automation. She wants all the "white" of the jpeg (which will of course translate to many slightly different RGB colours) to turn red (my understanding is that she would be fine if all the red were precisely FF0000). So basically she wants to look at every pixel and decide whether it's nearest to "white" or "black" and turn all the white pixels red.

Can this be done in Gimp 2.10?

If the correct answer to this is "look in the manual" then I apologise, please point me to the right place. We have only just started using Gimp and it is a huge piece of software which she is attempting to learn by doing and I'm attempting to help even though I know very little about the software.

Messages In This Thread
change all "white" to red in jpeg - by kbuzzard - 12-08-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: change all "white" to red in jpeg - by akovia - 12-08-2019, 01:41 PM
RE: change all "white" to red in jpeg - by akovia - 12-08-2019, 10:26 PM