Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make shades of the same color more visable
Quote:...the printed version comes out almost solid red.

That is part of the problem. What you see on your computer monitor changes (usually  darker) when printed. Really you need a colour calibrated monitor but you can get closer by reducing the brightness of the monitor.  

A simple screen check / adjust here: https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori...ration.htm

Even then, you might need to increase the image brightness to get closer match. If it is home printing, print a colour chart and compare with what you see on your computer. If a commercial printer then ask if they have a sample colour chart printed on the same type of card.

something like this:

Then this little problem you need to be aware of, color gamut:  Some RGB colors that you can see on your monitor (in particular, blue, green and all bright vibrant colors) cannot be printed and/or replicated with standard CMYK inks.

Looking at your tiff image, I can see the problem using my monitor, the reds merge together and I think going to be difficult to get 'subtle' A more distinct pattern might be better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make shades of the same color more visable - by rich2005 - 12-17-2019, 12:04 PM