Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp won't let me fuzzy select either of these files...why?
Thanks you 2, it worked! I wish there weren't 2 places with the word "Mode" >< The interface could've varied it up with "Status" or something!

(12-24-2019, 09:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote: As Blighty writes, however since I put this together ...

You need to know how the various modes of tools work. Not only the Select tool, the transform tools for example (rotate etc) have modes.

By default, each selection tool can exist with a different mode. Make a fuzzy select in replace mode switch to Color select and it might be in add mode if that is how you last used it.

For your image, some things to consider.

This is why you have no selection, fuzzy select in subtract mode. Nothing to subtract from.

Put it into replace mode and something to consider. The fuzzy select finds any tiny hole in the line, and the selection is all (the white). That might be ok or it might not. For just the outside fill in the holes.

..and an example of a different mode. This one addition mode. Note how the tool cursor gives an indication. Again needs an un-broken area.

--------
Why do Windows users insist on reinstalling Gimp at the drop-of-a-hat?  Very-very rarely required. Usually a setting that the user made, held in the Gimp profile which is not replaced. Up-dating Gimp however is ok.

Yes I did think as much! Before thinking to reinstall I went to Edit>Preferences>Window Management>Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values. When that didn't work I figured I'd give a reinstall a try, it doesn't hurt anyway because then you get the latest updates right?
It's crazy though how reinstalling wouldn't reset the mode??

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gimp won't let me fuzzy select either of these files...why? - by marigolden - 12-24-2019, 05:21 PM