Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a GIF with a transparent background?
(05-25-2017, 07:34 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: hmmm. The thinf you posted on Imgur (you also asked on reddit) got changed into a video by Imgur. And there is no transparency on videos, so the white background can have been added by Imgur.

Hey, Ofnuts

Not sure if you meant me but, the background was there before I uploaded to Imgur or any other forum.

Took the image off the net -> Uploading into GIMP -> Added Alpha Channel to all layers -> Removed the background -> In GIMP is plays perfectly with a transparent background -> I Export it -> Has a white background in output file.

(05-25-2017, 04:37 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Open the gif in Gimp and check that you have transparency

It is probably the 'tool' you are using to view the gif I use linux so I do not have those you referenced

exanple: nview on the left does not show transparency (shows white) Same image and viewnior on right does.
Some web browsers can be the same, Firefox shows white, Slimjet shows a checker pattern.

Hey, Rich

Fair enough with the tools but the photo viewing application I'm using wouldn't show a background if it was transparent, however it's transparent in GIMP and in the GIMP play back the output file, however, is not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a GIF with a transparent background? - by iZeus - 05-29-2017, 08:09 PM